Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tx_ag_95

Blackfoot Daisy pruning?

tx_ag_95
11 years ago

Hi all! I put a nice row of blackfoot daisies in the front yard by the sidewalk last spring and they took off. My only problem was that they spilled over onto the sidewalk a bit, oops. However, what little cold we got this winter caused parts to die...but not completely as when I was just trying to prune out the dead parts, there were nice green leaves and flowers and flower buds at the ends of some branches! So, I neatened up the edge I'd started on and decided to retreat and ask for help. What do I do? Will the "dead" parts come back? Or do I just need to bite the bullet now and trim everything back (how far?) and let them regrow?

I'm used to plants that die back to the roots starting with the tips, like lantana, some salvias, and Turks' Cap. The research I did on the blackfoot daisy said it was happy even further north of here and mentioned nothing about needing to prune it back in the spring.

And, yes, I know, I'm late getting around to cutting back everything! :) Thanks for y'all's help!

Comments (3)