Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
liz_h_gw

Has anyone worked w Torrey Massey, Bff Home Services

liz_h
11 years ago

We are having a few retaining walls built soon. These will be 4' tall structural retaining walls, as opposed to a raised bed. Torrey Massey seems to know his stuff, and gave us a good bid. Besides checking the provided references, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone is familiar with his work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bff Home Services

Comments (9)

• lucillle
    11 years ago

Asking seemed OK, providing a link looks like spam to me.

• liz_h
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good point, Lucille. It's been a long since I posted much here. I forgot a lot of people wouldn't know or remember me.

I'll add that we were also impressed with the knowledge of (forgot the name) of Blooming Colors in Grapevine. I've received good reports on them from people here in the past, so didn't ask this time. (We're finally getting to this project.)

Just to be fair, here's their link

Here is a link that might be useful: blooming colors nursery and landscape

• melvalena
    11 years ago

Liz, I hope your project goes smoothly. Please post before and after photos, ok? I'd love to see them.

Blooming Colors did our re grading and some retaining wall work--- LOVE them! They listened and gave us exactly what we asked for.

Hubby can find something wrong with any work done on our house.. but he doesn't say a negative word about those folks.

• liz_h
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'll get photos up this week (can't find them - may have to take new ones) Meanwhile, someone emailed me today to ask about this, so I realize others may be curious as well.

We are very happy with their work, and the price was substantially less than other bids. Torrey has a couple of crews, but he spends his time working on the jobs as well. He doesn't have the overhead of a physical store or office, or management layers.

This was a 6' wall needed to help hold up our house, so we were particular about the quality. It also looks great.

• LadyTX
    10 years ago

FaKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    This person who called Torrey Massey is a Con and all the people referred from his side and a guy called Jose.
    NEVER USE NEVER USE NEVER USE, ITS A SPAM i had a really bad bad the worst experience in my life with those fake people, these people are a spam, they don't have a company or a store or even a services to be provided they just have a bunch of cons working with them. they take the down payment to start the project and then they start messing at your home and leave and never show up or come back and never answer the phone. in addition to the address above is not an office location : surprise its a complex for apartments. please be careful and never contact these people coz u will definitely gonna lose your money. i went to the police dept. and i made a report on them and they are looking for those cons now. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND REPORT ABOUT BFF HOME SERVICES EVERYWHERE TO MAKE THEM STOP AND DO NOT CON ON ANYONE ELSE.

Here is a link that might be useful: BFF home services

This post was edited by LadyTX on Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 23:41

• liz_h
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I do not appreciate being called a con! I did a search on LadyTX in the forum. This is the only post you've made. I haven't been really active here in years, but a search will still turn up several posts of mine.

Mr. Massey told us up front that he is a contractor, without a retail location. He provided good references and did good work. At the time he had two crews, and he worked with one or the other each day.

They did stop work for a day and a half on our job, due to a family member's emergency health issue.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Hey Liz, we know you are not a con :-)

To the poster that was so upset, contact BBB and quit calling our members names.

Here is a link that might be useful: Better Business Bureau

• liz_h
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, pk!

• Cory Russell
    8 years ago

Well I can tell you from my own personal experience that Torrey is a liar and a crook (and that is putting it mildly). In short not only did he NOT do the job he was hired to do but he destroyed our kitchen!

He was hired to epoxy paint the cabinets but instead he hired some shady character to just paint over them with regular latex paint with OUT any prep work (they even painted over dead bugs) they didn't cover the light fixtures and destroyed them and overspray EVERYWHERE, run marks all over because they watered down the paint to make it go farther! (And then he tried to blame us asking if we ate a lot of fried chicken as kids cuz the paint wont stick, ARE YOU FRIGGN SERIOUS? How about cleaning/wiping them down first?) ON and on and on.

We are much worse off now then when we started. We had to fire them mid way through. I asked for my $ back and of course he runs away. And all he could say was that he UNDER BID the job????

Worst most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with! I would avoid him at ALL COSTS!