Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
austin_drew_gw

Burrow in my raised bed

Austin_Drew
9 years ago

Hi folks, new to the forum and gardening in general. Just had these raised beds put in a few months ago and am having fun. However just noticed this burrow today.
What do you think this is? What should I do? I'm thinking the typical drown him out method of putting the hose on the hole and let it run for a while. Then once he's gone do a better job of screening in my beds.

Comments (4)

• whitecap
    9 years ago

How deep is the hole? Squirrels love to dig in loose soil. They don't do any real damage.

• gardenper
    9 years ago

That looks like a hole I just noticed in my yard also. Definitely not a squirrel diggin hole. It even looks like a hole going downward, and something actually dragged some lint to decorate around the door, similar to how it looks like something is decorating your burrow's door too.

I did try to drown it out but I don't know how far the burrow goes, or if the animal is even in there at the moment. I let the water run in for a bit but then stopped when it didn't seem to be filling up or when no animal was seen.

I thought it might be a rat since a mouse probably didn't need that kind of big hole entrance.

• Debra Vessels
    9 years ago

I had a huge toad in my Clematis bed that would burrow like that, then jump out when I watered. I finally moved him to the front bed where he couldn't do any damage. He still jumps out at me when I water, scares the puddin out of me everytime.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    9 years ago

maybe a bunny?

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner