Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please recommend a repeat blooming climbing rose

Posted by bluehaven (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 18:35

I am looking to plant some climbing roses. Looking for recommendations for repeat blooming ones for the houston area & also where to buy them from.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please recommend a repeat blooming climbing rose

I just made a trip to Chamblees in Tyler and bought 3 climbing pinkies and a pink Don Juan. The pinkies are supposed to be thornless and I was told will bloom all spring thru fall and my Don Juan is a repeat bloomer too. I don't have one but I have seen other gardeners on the rose forum say a Aloha climbing rose does very well and smells really good. My DJ smells yummy too. Crepuscule was also one I was considering. Good luck in your search!

o

You can't go wrong with Climbing Pinkie. As mentioned above it's pretty much thornless so it's easy to work with although there might be an odd thorn or two. If you have room you can let it mound on its own, work it through a fence or tie it to a pillar -- whatever ... it's great!

Descriptions and photos on HelpMeFindRoses:

http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.4868.1

For landscape impact and ease of care I'd rather have all climbing pinkies than a variety of other climbing roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google images of Climbing pinkie ..

This post was edited by roselee on Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 20:52

o

You can't go wrong with anything from Antique Rose Emporium.

o

Buff Beauty is the one that has been my favorite. I planted mine in 1998 at a former home. We took cuttings and I have it where I now live.

o

Wow. That's is gorgeous, plantmaven. Nice work!

o

Don Juan is the best climing rose for Houston.
Have no idea about the pink sport, but you can buy them both online from Chamerlee's, and Don Juan from Antique Rose Emporium.

o

Thank you all. Will try to see if I can find any of those in the local nurseries.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here