Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT:Wild Fires!

Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 15, 11 at 20:11

The wind is out of control as well as the wild fires..The smoke is heavy .We can smell it in the house with the windows closed.. Ya'll be safe out there My Prayers are with you all!!!

Kylie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT:Wild Fires!

Where are you located. I thought it was dirt in the air around Austin, but I bet it's smoke instead.

o

Hey girl, I thought about you yesterday after seeing the fires on the news around Possum Kingdom. The smoke was thick here too, but I guess it was just coming from out west.

I hope everyone is safe.

Pam

o

Prayers to all in/around the fires.

o

Just saw on the news that they've contained only about 10% of the fires - it's destroyed many very expensive homes around PK Lake, and they had to evacuate one entire small town. Forecast is for hot temps and windy conditions this week.

o

I hope you got some rain. I can't even imagine how it must feel to be so close to these fires and wind.

Wishing you rain and safety.

cynthia

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 18:46

NO Rain here.. But the wind has laid down..If ya'll can buy a case of water for the Fire Fighters.. Albertson's has it on sale for $1.99 a case.. It was 100* out here yesterday..Most everyone is a Volunteer Fire Fighter.. I did see that Dallas sent 40 Guys out yesterday.. I know they would sure appreciate it.. There are 3 new Fires today.. Here is a Map that was updated not long ago..

Kylie

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire Activity

o
RE: OT Fires!

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 20, 11 at 18:49

If you look at the map I am about 50mi W of FTW and 100mi E of Abilene.. between Millsap and Mineral Wells..

Kylie

o

Hope everyone is safe. we are having small ones everyday around here and getting smoke/smell from all directions on any given day from the larger fires surrounding Scurry County no matter which way the wind is blowing. Stay safe everyone! Prayers for everyone.

Dolores

o

This is so sad for me to see, and now the Davis mountains. I pray for all affected by these devastating fires.........the people, the loss of property, the wild life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here