Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We are getting with the program!!

Posted by ogrose 8 DFW (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 21:06

We have six houses in our court in an older neighborhood, and there are four of us really going to town on our landscapes; my neighbor to my left, me, neighbor to the right, then two houses not doing so much, and then Tan, from Vietnam who is doing VERY interesting neat things to his! This is fun to watch since I retired last year, and I do know one of my sweet neighbors is fixing to retire from teaching school for a million years, she absolutely hates yard work, but bakes and cooks like nobody's business, so who's to complain - life is so interesting with everyone's different tastes and likes and dislikes!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We are getting with the program!!

How fun to have so many neighbors into gardening..or at least working at improving the landscaping. Maybe the other 2 will join in shortly?

o

Well, I've been trying to get Alice (the school teacher) interested, but at this point her lawn is gone, but at least she does keep it cut, and does water the weeds once in a while! The house next to hers is a rental, and I doubt if the owner (who used to live there) will bother to spend any money to fix up, so, we just live with the cards we are dealt with... we just call him the "slum landlord", and let it go at that!!

o

How exciting. I hope you took some "before" pictures and will post some "after" shots.

o

I'm excited about setting up another Garden Hop..and the prospect of scheduling more time for your place so we can peek in on your neighbors as well!

Melvalena <--- garden lurker/stalker

o

Sounds good to me!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here