Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taterbug_gw

Nusery suggestion in Ft Worth

taterbug
12 years ago

We are in Arlington tonight. My DH said he would take me to a nursery and the Botanical gardens tomorrow. I am looking for natives. Needing a good nursery isuggestion in Arlington or Ft Worth.

Thanks, taterbug

Comments (8)

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Check out:
    Marshall Grain Company

"phone us toll free on 1-800-361-1286 (Our hours in Fort Worth are: Monday through Friday 9AM to 6PM, Saturday 8AM to 5PM, Sunday 11AM to 4PM - Central Time).

Marshall Grain Company is located about 2 miles east of downtown Fort Worth at 2224 East Lancaster (zip 76103). We are on the south side of East Lancaster about halfway between Riverside Drive and Beach Street. "

I go to the Grapevine location, but I'm sure the Ft Worth store is similar. Their native perennials run about $8 each. (more or less..haven't been since last spring but called today looking for sun drops and they have them!)

Here is a link that might be useful: web site

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    12 years ago

The Ft. Worth location of Marshall Grain doesn't have near the plants that the Grapevine location does - they're more feed store, and Grapevine was formerly a Calloway's store.

I would recommend Weston Gardens in Bloom (8101 Anglin Dr Fort Worth, TX 76140; (817) 572-0549)- it's south of I-20 just a bit, and has a fantastic display garden across the street.

And while you're in that area, Redenta's Garden is just a bit east on I-20 (Green Oaks exit) then north to Arkansas. WONDERFUL location, with nice garden areas to walk through, and a fantastic selection of plants.

Wish I were going with you!

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Wow Lin, I just assumed both stores were similar. Good to know.

• taterbug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much!!

• happyintexas
    12 years ago

I second Weston's. I love that place.

• jardineratx
    12 years ago

This is such a timely post since I will be going to Denton in a couple of weeks and now I will plan a stop at Marshall Grain in Grapevine and perhaps spend a little time at their Downtown market.

• the_texas_herb_lady
    12 years ago

R&E Plants in Weathetford has a great selection of perennials and herbs. They grow there own so you get to see both sides of the nsy business. They also have the hard to find plants. Yes they do sell to the public.
    2601 Mineral Wells Hwy Weatherford
    I have seen them at several of the shows I go to during the spring. Great quality of plants.

• cynthianovak
    12 years ago

You might try Hare's on Division as you are leaving Arlington and heading to Marshall Grain. Take Division from Bowen going west. Division will suddenly slope downhill and you'll see a flashing yellow light in the middle of the road about halfway down the slope. Hare's is on the SS on Division just beyond the flashing light. There is a metal cattleguard with their sign. If it's open, they are too!

Weston's is like a visit to a botanical garden but haven't been in a few years.

If you take Arkansas to Redenta's, you'll notice Green's Produce on Arkansas and Roosevelt. You can't miss the color. They have native's too.

Hare's has great plants, might have what you are looking for and a great price. Don't look for advertising, they've been there since the 40's and the word is spread by word of mouth. Their stock changes fast.

enjoy your trip!
    c