Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maxlife92

Garden location concerning the sun

maxlife92
12 years ago

Hi there! I am a beginner ORGANIC garderner and with some help, am building my garden this week. I plan to get starter plants so that I will be caught up for the season! I can't begin to ask the number of questions I have concerning gardening, but my main question is what needs to be addressed first; Where should I put my garden?????

I will be growing things (or trying to) such as; winter squash, cucumbers, tomatos, spinach, peppers, etc. I am concerned with where to put the garden which will be in three raised beds, about 15x4ft each, in a garden about 25ftx12ft if I had to guess. I live in San Antonio and it is already getting in the 80s with sunshine all day. After talking to a local gardener, she says that I should put my garden where there will be some shade since the sun is too intense here. Does this mean putting it under a tree is what I should do? I cureently have the beds lying under neath thatt area, and I would like to show someone a picture I have and get an opinion. I cannot tell how much sun the area gets. I want to know if it is too much shade or not. I have plenty of room to choose from.

Please email me with any suggestions! I would love to email you the picture as well, to help.

Thank you

-Haley

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County