Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yay, looks like we're going to get LOTS of rain!

Posted by ogrose 8 DFW (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 22:50

It is supposed to start raining early Tuesday morning and last a few days, that will be wonderful. After today's temp of about 80, the temp will dip again into the 50's, but that's okay as long as it doesn't freeze again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yay, looks like we're going to get LOTS of rain!

It is always good to see other parts of the state is getting rain. And thanks for allowing some to come down our way :) My flowers and tomatoes are starting to bloom.

o

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i.gif

Let's hope so!

o

Getting intermittent sprinkles this morning in Springtown. Slow is good, gives it time to soak in.

o

Then we need some with a lot of "run-off" to fill the lakes.

o

3" and counting. Our rain tanks are full!!! And I see another line forming out in the west. Yipee.

o

Here in eastern Medina county I'm guessing we're getting .5 to. 75 inches at the moment. Bring on the rain lilies.

o

It's missing us in Arlington....darn! Not even 1/10th today. Hoping for better news tomorrow
c

o

Today is the day, Cynthia...............too cold to do the rain dance, so will have to rely on the 90% prediction.

o

Wow. Got very heavy downpour rain. Barely could see anything in front on the way home after picking up my kid.

o

Lou, did you see the blurb on TV with video of the Hamilton Pool rescue. Maybe this will pull it up. Very dramatic

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamilton Pool rescue

o

April Showers arrived in San Antonio around 1am this morning. It rained for several hours. Now it has started to rain again. Thank goodness we had put compose on our yard last week. I hope it will be clear this weekend, so we have a beautiful day for the plant swap. Barbra

o

So far, my gage is at 3 7/8ths" and we are about to get hit again for the 4th time. small but these seem to pack 41 knot winds. We will see.

o

Whoa. That's crazy. A neighbor posted a picture of retention pond being overflowed behind the backyard on facebook and he said it was the first time it has happened. I think he lived here since 2006.

Looks like things will really grow over the next couple weeks!

o

We got almost 4 inches, but the hail beat my vegetable garden badly. I think it will all be fine, though. Lots of oak pollen and leaves to clean up this weekend when it dries out.

o

Most of it went somewhere else, so less than 9/10", but at least we got something. Don't forget, La Nina is still here.

o

inch and a half in central dallas. more to come next week. AND my seeds have germinated and putting on some tiny leaves!! yippee!!! (wish i'd a put out more!!)

could we possible score a milder summer???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here