Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy green lacewing in Houston

Posted by luvpatch 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 23:48

Could anyone tell me if there is a nursery or anywhere that sells green lacewing beneficial insects? The mail order sources charge enormous shipping fees? I am having problems with spider mites . Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy green lacewing in Houston

http://buchanansplants.com/ might have them if you live close enough to it.

o

Buchanan's is the most likely place in Houston to have them. Southwest Fertilizer might, but Buchanan's is more likely. I can't remember ever seeing them for sale anywhere here, though.

o

If you don't mind a little drive, there's a place in Pearland called Sweet Organic Solutions that carries all kinds of beneficials. They're kind of on the expensive side, as nurseries go, and their plants always look pretty sad to me, but they have a great selection of organic gardening supplies. I've bought ladybugs and nematodes there, and I know they've had mantises and lacewings, and trichogamma wasps when I've been by before.

o

glad to know there are some local suppliers - I was also looking at some beneficial predators for my spider mites out in Katy, but knowing Buchanans might have it is great. I know there's a feed store on Washington that often has organics - Wabash Feed, I think. It's a good source for my beekeeping coworker.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here