Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xtal_gw

Roll call for where you live

I'm looking to find some people in my area that I can give some plants to when I have extras. Or someone who might come by the house and get them. I must have posted this in the wrong forum.

One can never have enough 'plant friends'. We all suffer from chlorophyll deprivation to one degree or another. Plants have also brought us through some bad times, remind us of relatives, enjoy their blooms/fragrance/beauty. We all enjoy sharing. So, I'm looking to see who else might be near by.

I'm in Temple. Is anyone else close by?

Xtal

Comments (39)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

I'm north of Fort Worth :-)

• Miz_M
    10 years ago

I'm just west of Ft Worth. :)

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    10 years ago

I'm in east Texas, north of Mineola.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

I'm south of Denton between Lewisville and Argyle.

• ilovemyroses
    10 years ago

I'm in dallas but do go to temple to see family often.

• glitter_and_guns
    10 years ago

I am North West of Ft Worth.

• Ann_in_Houston
    10 years ago

Hi, Carrie, if you like to get together w/GW friends, I will be up there in August to deliver my daughter back to college. Maybe we could catch lunch somewhere. She will be there for quite a few years if her plans hold and I would like to make some friends in the Denton area.

This post was edited by ann_in_houston on Mon, May 27, 13 at 23:31

• ruthz
    10 years ago

I'm pretty much in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex area.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

ann in houston, tried to send you an email, but GW wouldn't process it................want to try to send me one???

• bootscootengal
    10 years ago

I am between boyd and azle tx

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Great idea. I'm south of Dallas. I was just wondering this weekend if anyone wanted any of these Texas Ash seedlings I am pulling up everywhere. So I started a trade list on my profile, first time I even noticed it was there.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Marti, you could also post it in the 'exchanges' where more people are likely to see it.

• tommyjmcintosh
    10 years ago

I'm south of Dallas in Ellis county.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

bootscootengal, you must be a neighbor :-) I live over by the new fire station in Azle.

• tx_ag_95
    10 years ago

I'm near Carrie, in Lewisville which is pretty much half-way between Dallas and Denton. My parents are in Universal City, but we were in San Antonio near 410/I-10 for over 30 years. It's been an adjustment changing zones!

• glitter_and_guns
    10 years ago

Bootscootengal & pkponder, I am both of your neighbors - fellow Azle-ite!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

OT but I do love Azle :-) Such a peaceful neighborhood full of old growth trees.

Seamommy is right up the road too.

This post was edited by pkponder on Wed, May 29, 13 at 21:29

• carrie751
    10 years ago

You guys could start your own little garden club !!!!!

• Xtal in Central TX, zone 8b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Now it looks like all you guys are lucky having a gardener close by. I don't have anyone near me. Darn. I was hoping to find someone nearby that I could trade plants with... oh well. Well, I hope you guys kept notes of who's close to you... it will come in handy one day.

Does anyone want to fill in for a gardener in absentia?
    Xtal

• ckap
    10 years ago

I am in Sugar Land,near Houston.Any one from near this area.

• cynthianovak
    10 years ago

I'm in Arlington, just south of UTA. Cynthia

• cynthianovak
    10 years ago

I'm in Arlington, just south of UTA. Cynthia

• ExoticRGVNativesTy
    10 years ago

I'll be spending the summer in Bayview, near the southernmost tip of the state. This is where I do most of my gardening, even though I spend approximately 1 month out of the year there.

Ty

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

xtal, I bet someone nearer to you will chime in soon!

Trying to remember, seems like we may have Belton and Waco folks here for sure.

I know that I've been through Temple on the way to and from Austin and maybe when we go to Port Aransas. It's seems that it's pretty far from here.

• Xtal in Central TX, zone 8b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I'll hope that someone from this area chimes in. I'd enjoy sharing plants with them.

Xtal

• dirtduchess
    10 years ago

I'm two miles North of Boyd, one mile East of Hwy 730 toward Decatur. Any other Wise county Gardeners?

• jardineratx
    10 years ago

I am approximately 40 miles northwest of Houston in Hockley.
    Molly

• rhill3
    10 years ago

I am in the New Waverly area.

• mswillis5
    10 years ago

I'm south of Denton and north of Lewisville

This post was edited by mswillis5 on Fri, May 31, 13 at 0:49

• sdelafuente
    10 years ago

i live in Harlingen. ExoticRGVNativesTy you are close by.

• backacre
    10 years ago

You will find me mostly in the garden in Flint...about 20 minutes south of Tyler

• zippity1
    10 years ago

i'm in Cypress (northwest of Houston)

• syntria
    10 years ago

I live in South Arlington. I'd be happy to get connected with people in the area. I'm 28 and I'm a computer technician and supervisor at Staples and my fiancee works at Lockheed Martin. We've been here about a year and I'm a bit of a social butterfly without any friend flowers, lol. Feel free to send me emails via my profile.

• eahamel
    10 years ago

Houston, 9a (Sharpstown, where the two fire stations are that lost 4 firefighters last week).

• marcie_new
    10 years ago

Hello there! I am in Giddings neighbor to Austin about hr and half? from you I do come to Temple every now and then have relatives in Round Rock Temple and Rogers maybe one day we'll meet? Marcie

• marcie_new
    10 years ago

Hello there! I am in Giddings neighbor to Austin about hr and half? from you I do come to Temple every now and then have relatives in Round Rock Temple and Rogers maybe one day we'll meet? Marcie

• jardineratx
    10 years ago

okokok, you are near me....I do most of my shopping in cypress so if you are interested in exchanging plants (or I can merely share my plants with you), send me an email.
    Molly

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Hi Molly! Missed you at the swap this spring.

Galveston, oh, Galveston!
    Tally Ho!

• allen_gw
    10 years ago

6 miles northeast of Montgomery, in the national forest,