Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
speaking of what hasn't come back this year...

Posted by melvalena North Texas 7/8 (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 12 at 9:46

I haven't had one single begonia return. NOT ONE!
I had them lining my shade bed and they all came back winter before when we had all the snow and ice.

They were lush and full and quite healthy at the end of the season last fall. Since we had such a mild winter I figured they'd be up and going gangbusters by now.

Thankfully I took lots of cuttings and rooted 2 flats full to fill in this season, but it looks like I'll be starting over with them instead.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: speaking of what hasn't come back this year...

I have to say that last year at this time, my yard was pretty empty. Would you believe a plumeria, hugh bird of paradise, variegated rubber tree, and Dr Moy ginger are coming back this year, last year they showed no sign of life. Wish I would have waited before I dug up all the plants I thought were dead, and took to the dump. Barbra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here