Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trip to Jims

Posted by ibheri 9 (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 10:17

Hello All, I took the much awaited trip to Jim's place on Friday evening. Both Jim and Pat are wonderful hosts. I had a great evening, walking thru the pathways looking at the lovely garden, talking about plants and learning so much. I took some pictures to share with all of you. I got several plants from Jim and my Bat face cuphea magically transformed overnight into a wonderful healthy plant (he gave me a new one!! ) I chatted with Pat over a nice snack watching the garden from inside, I have the picture framed in my mind.

Here is a link to my picasaweb. Please post if you are not able to get to them, I will upload via photobucket.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jim's Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trip to Jims

Sorry, I meant to post this in the gallery, didn't realize i was in the discussions thread.

o

Your photos are great! Jim's garden is always such a pleasure to peek into.

o

Thanks for this tour, ibheri, I cannot imagine how Jim keeps everything so neat and tidy...........certainly not like that at my place......LOL> The beauty of his garden gives me incentive to do more here. Again......THANKS>

o

Yes, very true Carrie. One can derive lots of inspiration seeing their garden.

o

WOW! Jim and Pat have quite the green thumb! Where in TX are they?

o

You lucky girl! I keep saying the next time I goes to my son's in Houston, that I will plan to visit them.

I will have to get a GPS or I will never find my way back and forth.

o

Na na Kathy, next time you visit your son't home, you are going to visit both Jim and me, just not Jim's house. Well, I can't promise such a grand garden but i'll try and make it worth your drive :)

o

Indu, thanks for posting the pictures! I always enjoy looking at Jim's many flowering plants and vines as well as the way he's constructed and arranged his flower beds and garden structures.

Patty-cakes, as you probably already gathered Jim lives in the Houston area.

o

Thanks, Indu. And thank you all. We always enjoy our visits with Indu, and of course she failed to mention that she brought me a 'Maggie' rose.

Jim

o

Beautiful garden Jim! Thanks for showing us more of Jim's garden Indu.

o

Just beautiful Jim, I still remember when you posted when you were making the trellis. I would love to take a trip to visit Jim and Pat, anyone else interested? Barbra

o

A pleasure to view. Just beautiful. Lou

o

Beautiful - nice to place a face with the beauties we have been seeing.

Thanks Indu for posting these.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here