Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Container Plants that just don't stop!

Posted by rumbum (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 10:36

Due to limited space I have to be very picky which plants I can have. I don't have a yard and all my plants are potted. I am so impressed with my heart-leaf ice plant which never stops blooming and my chili pequin just keeps producing more peppers than I know what to do with! These are both perennials so I can enjoy them year after year and they look awesome all the time! What are your favorite ever-blooming container plants?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Container Plants that just don't stop!

I have several begonias that are excellent ever-blooming container plants. They do need protection from freezes,however. Many annuals are fantastic, free-blooming container plants, but need to be replaced a couple of times per year. I normally put several annuals in one container,making a colorful dish garden. I change them out as the seasons change. Since annuals are not very expensive, I find this a good way to keep color in my potted plants.
Molly

o

A friend gave me seeds of Dahlberg Daisy last year and it quickly became a favorite. It sat in a pot in full sun through last year's heat and never stopped blooming. Ferny foliage and pretty little yellow flowers. Supposedly it will freeze if we get a cold winter, but reseeds itself easily.

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Thu, May 31, 12 at 15:11

Gaura, Calylophus, Ruellia (invasive), Four O'clock (invasive)and Impatiens (annual).

Omar

o

Starry eyed nurembergia full sun and for a long long time it blooms.

o

passionvines do really well in pots. I just butt the pot next to a tree. I have also tried the claw plants from puerto rico, they are really doing well in pots, and show alot of new growth. All my plants do better in the ground, except for desert roses, they like it crowded. Barbra

o

Definitely impatiens, they do great on our shady front porch in hanging baskets, just keep them well watered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here