Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good source for LARGE ceramic pots near Dallas?

Posted by pennylayne111 TX (My Page) on
Sun, May 19, 13 at 11:18

Hi! My husband & I relocated to Southlake (a suburb of Dallas) and I'm looking for a great place to buy large ceramic pots for both indoor & outdoor use. The local Home Depot doesn't have much of a selection, and there are a few nurseries in town that charge an arm & a leg!

When we lived in Phoenix, there were many places that imported from Mexico and Asia and had great prices. Does anyone know of something like this in/around the Dallas area?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good source for LARGE ceramic pots near Dallas?

I googled Garden Ridge Pottery in Dallas and it seems there are several. The two near San Antonio have beautiful imported pots. They sometimes have good sales too. Last August I bought a bunch of ceramic pots for 75% off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Ridge Pottery in Dallas ...

o

I bought all my large ceramic pots last spring. They are beautiful, but too heavy to move in and out of the garage, so this year I bought those light pots.. The colors are nothing like the ceramic pots, but they are a lot lighter to move around. I will list 20 ceramic pots on craigslist for a very reasonable price, if anyone in San Antonio is interested. The colors are just beautiful. Barbra

o

pennylayne, you can also check Ross stores. Sometimes they have large pots for low prices. When they do, they're generally up front but when quantities get low, they move them to the back. At least that's how it is at my store.

o

There is a place at the Dallas Farmers' Market that sells pottery too. I can picture it but I can't think of the name of it. In case you needed an excuse to visit the farmers market! But Garden Ridge has a huge selection at reasonable prices.

o

I got my pots at Lowes, I just happened to be there when they marked them down 75%. I have 4 beige, and lime green, 2 brown, turquoise, and silver streaked, 6 dark blue. I wish I could have gotten all the same color. I put one color in each flower bed and it was really pretty. I also was lucky enough to get the light weight ones there at the end of the season, when they marked them down 75%. You just have to be there when they do it. I take a pot to the cashier, and have her check the price, a lot of the time, they are marked down, in the system, but they have not put a sign out yet. You just have to do it in the fall, just before Thanksgiving, they need to make room for Christmas trees. If you are looking now, I would go to Ross Dress for Less as mentioned before. lBarbra

o

I found beautiful large pots at Home Goods and also, T. J. Maxx

taterbug

o

Barbra I sent you an email about the pots.

o

"Jackson's" is one of my favorite nursery and garden centers in dallas area, and has the best selection of pots, altho not cheap. they are out back, and they have huge ceramics. and beautiful. this is on Inwood near Love Field in Dallas. Google them for the exact address as they are a bit hidden. on the east side of the airport.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here