Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting weather today...

Posted by ogrose 8 DFW (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 15:01

Golly, the day started out cloudy and somewhat cool; I moved all my "gardening" stuff and patio chair pads out, started to weed which didn't last very long, thunder storms came through, we've had sun, rain and hail all during the day, so I actually cleaned house for a change. But that's great, we'll take all we can get!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting weather today...

I think you got more than we did up here. Several of those that hit you missed me up here--but I watched them blow by.

We did get waves of it off and on.. more in the way now.
It was just the perfect amount at a time. It all soaked in quickly, there was never any standing water at all.

I got a ton of ironing done and had dinner done early. :)

o

It's amazing what we get done when we can't be out in the garden, isn't it, lol! Yikes, it better not rain TOO much more, wouldn't know how to handle being caught up in the house...

o

I had water standing in several places, Gail.....must have gotten more than you, but no hail, thank goodness. And you two are better at this than I............when I cannot work outside, I sulk and get very little done inside.

o

• Posted by phasv2 Zone 7/ Keller (My Page) on
    Thu, May 31, 12 at 3:44

It was rather nice outside here, didn't actually have any rain, although we have had a nice amount the past two nights. Gotta love Texas weather!

o

We had "waves" of rain in Oak Cliff yesterday morning and another hard rain early this morning. Some good thunder and lightning, but no hail. My little gauge says we've had 2 inches altogether this week. Much appreciated!

o

raining like the dickens outside right now on the Island! Yeah! Started off hot and muggy and now it's cool, raining and thunder
Tally HO!

o

our power was out for 6 hours last night, lots of rain though and for that I'm thankful :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here