Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Plume Plant in local nursery as...

Posted by cynthianovak 7/8 TX (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 17:21

Hi All
This is a great morning sun, or dappled shade plant. I've kept mine around for at least 5 years. I spotted it in a local nursery today. This year it's call The Flamingo Plant.

Here is a link if you are interested. Nothing like it for a conversation starter and it's pretty easy to keep happy too.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pink Plume or Flamingo plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Plume Plant in local nursery as...

I call mine Brazilian Plume Plant and have had them for years. They root easily so I keep several on hand just in case.

o

That looks like it would work in my front yard bed. It gets strong morning sun. When you say they root easily, does that mean they spread out, over time?

o

No, it means I take a cutting from the plant and root it. I have to grow them in containers here in North Texas.

o

I've found conflicting accounts of how tall they get. What's your experience?

o

In a container, not very tall.

o

Same with me: About 12-18 inches.

o

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here