pineapple sage

mealy sage

climbing roses

indian hawthorn

all $1

Comments (16)

• melvalena
    11 years ago

My pineapple sage sailed through out last winter and is about 4 ft tall now. I cut off a chunk of it and moved it to another bed, it pouted a few days.. I kept it watered and its looking great now!

Thanks for the heads up!

• cynthianovak
    11 years ago

No Way! Great sale / give away!

Mt PS started as a 4in pot in april. Now a goo 2 ft tall.

It alwasy puzzles me why the leaves smell so pineappley when I buy them, but lose it. Anyone know the secret?

I tried using lean soil but doesn't make such difference.

any thoughts?

c

• sfmathews
    11 years ago

I stopped by the Mesquite Lowe's yesterday.
    They had Agasatche, and fuzzy-ball type Gaillardia, for $2.00. There were also pots of mixed color Scaevola marked down to $1.00. Other interesting stuff, too, just can't remember it all. Still had some geraniums and petunias left.
    Susan

• Lynn Marie
    11 years ago

The Lowe's in Mesquite only took 25% off their bulbs last week. I really want some cheap bulbs!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I miss my daily trips to Lowes, it was like a daily scavanger hunt, they would mark down plants every morning around 9:30am. If you came at 10:30am you would be too late. You could see all the people with baskets of plants you wished you could have gotten. That happened a few times, before I figured out I need to be there earlier. I can't wait until I can start driving again, so I can go back. In the past 3 weeks I have been to Lowes once, but I got a few plants for Albert and I.
    Barbra

• sfmathews
    11 years ago

Lynn, those bulbs have been at 25% forever! And the selection is pitiful! They really need to reduce it to 50%.
    Susan

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Yesterday the Lowes in San Antonio on Callaghan still had some Karalee Petite Pink Gauras, a new cultivar that Barbra highly recommends. They are marked $3 and $4, (originally $14) but Barbra had spoken to the manager earlier in the week and he said if you buy six of them he would sell them for a dollar each. So that's what I told the cashier when I checked out and she said okay.

It's good to know they will bargain if you buy a bunch. Thanks for the tip Barbra.

Here is a link that might be useful: Karalee Petite Pink ...

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I bought 2 of the karalee petite pinks, when they first marked them down to $3, that was over 3 weeks ago. They are doing just beautiful, I love the darker foliage, and the darker pink color. They are really doing well at the coast. I think I like them as much as the amazon dianthias, which by the way are still blooming. I felt $1 was a very good price for proven winners, which are usually newer introductions. I also picked up 6 plants for Albert & Betty. That is just want Albert needs more plant to plant. Barbra

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Barbra, you are the best kind of enabler!

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Yeah, Roselee, good thing I don't live close to Barbra as I would run out of room to plant........she is a GOOD enabler.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I remember when they use to have the rack sales( 4 shelve racks), you could get hundreds of dollars in plants for $5 or $10. Gosh, those were the days. I would buy a rack and a couple of other folks would buy a rack, then we would swap between ourselves, so we would have a good assortement of plants. Then we would just leave the rest for customers in the store, there was no way to fit everything into our cars. I use to drive home with plants in my lap. Barbra

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Barbra, I may have actually found someone more addicted than I.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Carrie was it you, or JoAnna, that I mailed all those clematis to, from Lowes around 2008. I did not think they would grow here, and sent them to a zone where they would grow. I kept two just to check them out, they come back every year, beautiful hugh purple and pink blooms that cover the fence. Barbra

• carrie751
    11 years ago

No, not to me, Barbra, but if you should so decide to do that again, I will certainly provide you with my mailing address............LOL> Heck, I would probably even do postage. Maybe it was Jolana.....she loves clematis.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

It was Jolana, I don't think I have seen her post for awhile. After I posted they had them for $.25, she emailed me that she would love to have them. I bought 3 of each variety , and mailed them to her. The postage was more than the cost of the plants. She was very happy. I hope they are still blooming for her. Barbra

• carrie751
    11 years ago

I hope they are as well. I know she was happy......she loves plants so much. That was a really nice thing for you to do.