Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My latest garden project

Posted by jardineratx 9tx (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 22:07

This year's project in the garden is done! My Rebecca at the Well statue is set up. I even have a low-voltage floodlight set at her feet so she can be shown off at night. I have a young clematis vine planted at the right corner of the trellis and I can't wait to see this mini garden when the plants start to mature!
Molly
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My latest garden project

How elegant! That will be stunning when the clematis grows!!

o

I agree! Elegant is the correct adjective here. Please post pictures when that clemantis gets bigger.

o

Nice!

o

whoa - that's waaay cool!

i definitely want to see
a) pictures @ night, and
b) pictures after the clematis has filled in

o

Rebecca is such a graceful statue and looks good how you have her in a niche with a trellis and vine. Keep us posted as the vine grows.

o

Thank you all for your positive feedback! I am pleased with how this worked out since this corner portion of the flowerbed has always been a difficult area to plant and maintain because the access is less than ideal. I was looking through Pinterest and found so many wonderful ideas for the garden, but when I found a Rebecca statue with an iron piece behind her, I knew that was the look I wanted. If I can get a good "night" photo, I will certainly post it here.
Molly

o

Very elegant even without lighting or greenery. What a lovely focal point in the niche area!

o

Yes, Pics please........so very pretty, Molly.

o

That's sooooo pretty Molly! Could we see more of your garden? ;o)

o

Patty cakes, I am in the process of updating my 2012 garden photos onto Photobucket, but here is the latest photo (taken earlier today). This one is of one of my shade garden areas. This area is planted with hydrangeas and the adjacent sunny area is one of my rose gardens.

Photobucket

o

Now that looks inviting !!!!

o

OH MY, Molly, that's gorgeous! I'm definitely interested in seeing your pictures since i'm in the 'doing' stages of my backyard landscaping, starting w/the hardscapes. Where in TX are you?

Do the Hydrangeas take only shade or need a little sun? Unfortunately, the sun shines all day in my backyard, but there are the corners of the fence hmmmmmmmm....

o

Very well done, Molly. That looks great! Your shade garden looks very welcoming. I can just imagine sitting at that table with a cup of coffee, looking out at the roses.

Jim

o

Nice to see you have created a lovely welcoming shelter from the sun.

o

Beautiful garden, lovely and relaxing.

o

That is just a beautiful garden!

o

Thank you all for your very kind comments! I posted a few pictures of another garden area in the gallery forum. I have several distinct gardens so I believe it may be easier to post them separately.
Molly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here