Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I hear toads singing tonight!

Posted by bedford8a 8a (My Page) on
Thu, May 12, 11 at 22:21

For the first time this season I hear the little guys singing their hearts out tonight. I can't believe toads live in the middle of the Metroplex on our tiny fenced suburban lots so close to the Airport Freeway.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I hear toads singing tonight!

Isn't that a treat? I never hear them anymore but lived on a farm in MN and it was one of the sweetest sounds ever. I must admit to being envious of you............enjoy!!!!

o

I haven't heard any this year. Glad to hear there is still hope and that there might be a few around here too. Maybe there will be enough puddles left by the recent rain for any toads that might be lurking to breed.

o

I haven't heard toads, but maybe the sound of my tree frogs drowns them out. They get so loud at times just "talking" to each other that my Yorkies start barking at them.

o

Mine have been out, but only so far on the warm humid nights. I didn't have any toads until we added a small pond a few years ago. Now I have several that 'hang out' at the pond. Big 'uns too!

Susan

o

I live in your area right by the freeway, but I don't know if I've noticed them. Maybe they're all in your yard :) I'll have to walk out in the yard tonight and see if they're around.

o

They've laid about 10 zillion pollywogs in my half finished wildlife rainwater retention pond. Ribbit!

o

I have lots of toads, but have never heard them sing. But I do have lots of tree frogs and they really make a lot of noise! I love the little guys!

o

What exactly is a tree frog? Do they actually live in the trees?

o

Check this out............

http://allaboutfrogs.org/info/species/grntree.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here