Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Larkspurs not lasting as long this year ...

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 11 at 23:16

In the places where I don't water a lot and with no rain for over three months plus all the dry wind they are falling over and looking weedy. I'm already pulling some of them out.

This photo was taken in early April ...

But I'm leaving enough to make seed in hopes for a better Spring next year. Also will try to save some for the Fall swap.

How are yours doing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Larkspurs not lasting as long this year ...

Kathy gave me some of her larkspurs, she called them bunnies. I took them to the coast, and as of yesterday were still in full bloom. Who would have thought that they would do so well down there. I cannot wait for them to make seeds, so I can have more larkspurs next year. I planted tons of seeds this year, and only the cosmos and zinna survived the heat. They all came up, but the full sun was just too much. Boy, the butterflies love the cosmos. Barbra

o
RE: Larkspurs not lasting as long this year ...

Mine seem to be fading after than brutally dry winter followed by hail! Geez!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here