Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures

Posted by ogrose 8 DFW (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 1:53

Duchesse de Brabant

This rose has been great in our area, prolific blooming and healthy, wouldn't trade her for anything!

Photobucket

Old Garden Rose Goldbusch - another good one, but does get blackspot after blooming.

IMG_0232-1

My back flowerbed, a work in progress!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures

But it was a blank canvass last fall............what a great job you have done, Cheryll........looks beautiful.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 9:16

Wow, all of that since fall. Looks like everything has been there for years. Beautiful flowers.
What is the pink rose?

o

That's amazing! Everything is looking good. What are the tall roses on the far left? There's another tall plant with orange flowers -- what is that one? Thanks for posting!

o

ditto everyone!

i would never have guessed this was a new flower bed

and the very tall with orange flowers in the left background ???

o

Um....WOW!- sooooo jealous of your flower bed!

o

Thank you! The pink rose is Duchesse de Brabant, an old garden rose, and the tall pink is Climbing Pinkie. The orange is a day lily.

No, this bed has been in for a number of years, is now getting established pretty well. Carrie, the blank slate is my side yard, still looks pretty bare! I'm attempting to cover up the ugly chain link fence.

Here's a picture:

Photobucket

We had to cut down two 40' cedar elms in the back yard due to losing rather large limbs in our winds a few years ago, and I sure miss the shade, but it opened up much more light!

o

Is the established bed the one to the very back of your yard??? Looked similar to the new one.

o

Yes, Carrie, both the beds are in curved shapes, and we had some work done on drainage problem in the back yard, plus we need to get our patio covered, but that may have to wait until my husband is feeling better. Always something! I feel like I have the good, the bad and the ugly back there, and the patio area is definitely ugly!

o

Besutiful! Is goldbusch a parent of winter sunset (Buck rose). I have winter sunset and it looks so much like your goldbusch. Your flowerbeds are lush and lovely. Is the pink rose belindas dream ?

o

Besutiful! Is goldbusch a parent of winter sunset (Buck rose). I have winter sunset and it looks so much like your goldbusch. Your flowerbeds are lush and lovely. Is the pink rose belindas dream ?

o

Ibheri, I don't believe it is. For me, Goldbusch has long canes that have been creeping along the ground, not up, and kind of peeps through the other roses.

I did look Winter Sunset up and notice that ARE has it, it's beautiful!

o

Forgot to answer that question, Ibheri, yes that is Belinda's Dream, one of my favorite roses for sure!! Most of my pink roses are in that bed, probably need to move a few.

o

The garden area in your last picture really looks good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here