Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (13)

• carrie751
    11 years ago

But it was a blank canvass last fall............what a great job you have done, Cheryll........looks beautiful.

• ruthz
    11 years ago

Wow, all of that since fall. Looks like everything has been there for years. Beautiful flowers.
    What is the pink rose?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

That's amazing! Everything is looking good. What are the tall roses on the far left? There's another tall plant with orange flowers -- what is that one? Thanks for posting!

• freshair2townsquare
    11 years ago

ditto everyone!

i would never have guessed this was a new flower bed

and the very tall with orange flowers in the left background ???

• Bryan Scott
    11 years ago

Um....WOW!- sooooo jealous of your flower bed!

• ogrose_tx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you! The pink rose is Duchesse de Brabant, an old garden rose, and the tall pink is Climbing Pinkie. The orange is a day lily.

No, this bed has been in for a number of years, is now getting established pretty well. Carrie, the blank slate is my side yard, still looks pretty bare! I'm attempting to cover up the ugly chain link fence.

Here's a picture:

{{gwi:695224}}

We had to cut down two 40' cedar elms in the back yard due to losing rather large limbs in our winds a few years ago, and I sure miss the shade, but it opened up much more light!

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Is the established bed the one to the very back of your yard??? Looked similar to the new one.

• ogrose_tx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, Carrie, both the beds are in curved shapes, and we had some work done on drainage problem in the back yard, plus we need to get our patio covered, but that may have to wait until my husband is feeling better. Always something! I feel like I have the good, the bad and the ugly back there, and the patio area is definitely ugly!

• ibheri
    11 years ago

Besutiful! Is goldbusch a parent of winter sunset (Buck rose). I have winter sunset and it looks so much like your goldbusch. Your flowerbeds are lush and lovely. Is the pink rose belindas dream ?

• ibheri
    11 years ago

Besutiful! Is goldbusch a parent of winter sunset (Buck rose). I have winter sunset and it looks so much like your goldbusch. Your flowerbeds are lush and lovely. Is the pink rose belindas dream ?

• ogrose_tx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ibheri, I don't believe it is. For me, Goldbusch has long canes that have been creeping along the ground, not up, and kind of peeps through the other roses.

I did look Winter Sunset up and notice that ARE has it, it's beautiful!

• ogrose_tx
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Forgot to answer that question, Ibheri, yes that is Belinda's Dream, one of my favorite roses for sure!! Most of my pink roses are in that bed, probably need to move a few.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

The garden area in your last picture really looks good!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!