Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
roselee, do you have any more photos of your brick planter?

Posted by marti8a 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 2:52

I came across an older post of your yaupon tree arched across a brick sidewalk with a brick planter on the other side. Do you have any photos that show the whole planter? I think I would like to have something similar and I'm wondering how it looks from a distance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: roselee, do you have any more photos of your brick planter?

Hi Marti! I don't have any pictures showing the whole planter, but I'll try to take some and post them here within a couple of days.

o

Hi Marti! Here's the views of the brick planter you asked for.

This is the side facing the house with the overhanging Youpon holly that you viewed before. There was grass right up to the house before we built the planter ...

This is the other end of the same walkway ...

And this is the frontside ...

Incidentally, I had miniature roses planted around the perimeter in the beginning, but after several years they began to decline, plus the deer discovered them. When I tried to dig around them I could hardly get a shovel in the soil. The roots of our front yard Cedar elm tree had discovered the rich moist soil and invaded the bed. However, the plumbagos planted in the middle of the bed were florishing so since I valued the tree I let the plumbagos have it and they do great -- tree roots and all.

I just reread your message and you wanted to see it at a distance. I went back out and took this picture ....

Hope these help you for planning purposes and decisions.

o

Wow, that's gorgeous! Guess I'll add a raised stone bed to my list of "wants" - I can fill it with composted manure and FINALLY have the rich soil I need!

o

Good golly that's a lovely sight. Don't you love plumbago's?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here