Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veganruthie_gw

SAWS lawn conversion coupon

veganruthie
10 years ago

Anyone gotten the $100 coupons from SAWS to do lawn conversion to drought tolerant plants?

Comments (9)

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

The program is so new that I don't know anyone who has sent in a request yet. I did attend a seminar on Monday where it was discussed and you do have to buy only the plants on the list with your coupon. There are a lot of rules to follow but it would be worth it if you qualify. Another important thing is you have to have lawn to remove in the first place.

Here is a link that might be useful: SAWS link

• veganruthie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I applied yesterday! I cannot wait. If I get it I will do a blog post about it or something. Do you think that would be helpful?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Oh yes, Veganruthie -- please do! It will be so exciting to watch the progress and hear how the conversion coupon works in real life. It is too late for us. We had already removed the front lawn several years ago. It would have been nice to have the $100 coupon toward plants and mulch.

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

Now I do know someone who has applied at least! We don't have lawn to take out so I can't use it.

A blog post will be great, it's been a while since you posted! Maybe now that you are close to finishing school we'll see more posts?

• veganruthie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes for sure!

Here is my update: They called me today since I opted on my application to have their landscape consultant come out and look at my yard. They are coming on July 9th so I better set up a blog post before then!!!

Pretty excited, I am hoping to do the full offer of 400 square feet for $200 of coupons since we have 1/4 of an acre (of bermuda gras) here and I won't be doing any veggie gardening until August. :-)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

Send your blog link to those of us who don't know about it.

• rock_oak_deer
    10 years ago

1/4 acre of bermuda is quite a task! Pam talked about various options for it on Monday.

Take some before pictures and keep us posted so we can follow the process.

• veganruthie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

http://ruthiesgarden.blogspot.com/

is my garden blog. I will try to update it today. :/ I am in nursing school so have been a tiny bit busy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruthie's Garden

• RudyP
    10 years ago

Hello all. I applied the day that the program became available and received the coupon within about a week. The coupon comes with some good info about the plants within each package (partial shade or full sun) along with some illustrations for layout ideas which I found really helpful.

I'm wishing I had opted for the consultation to get some advice specific to my lawn. I've been finding info here and there online in the meantime. The coupon expires 30 days after it is issued so I've got to get a move on!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor