Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phlox Paniculata

Posted by lupineloon 7b (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 15:43

I am successfully growing Phlox Paniculata in half day sun but wonder if any of you have grown it in full sun. Does it fry? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phlox Paniculata

My neighbor grows hers in mostly shade.

o

Mine get late sun, between 5:30 and 6:30 and wilts until it is in the shade again.
I grow fanick phlox in full sun.

o

I have them both in full sun and partial shade, they do equally well as long as they get enough water. They are blooming now (not the John Fannick yet) and they are one of my favorite flowers. Some that I have (my mom called them standing phlox because we also grew sand phlox that were low to the ground) are from her garden. They are MANY years old, and I hope I never lose them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here