Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Three cheers for Gilmour Hose End Sprayer!

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 3, 10 at 15:47

I've used a Gilmour hose end sprayer for numerous purposes for years and years! I find it much easier to use than lugging around a pump up sprayer and it lasts much longer. I bought several extra container jars to use with different products I sprayed such as sea weed, fish emulsion, fertilizers, etc.

The box says 'Lifetime Replacement Policy" so when the plastic pick up tube broke I emailed the Gilmour-Customer-Service-Department for a replacement of the tube. Lo and behold -- they sent me a whole new sprayer! Yay! Three cheers for Gilmour.

Incidently, after using I spray WD40 into brass nozel to keep the adjustments working freely.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the one!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Three cheers for Gilmour Hose End Sprayer!

Thanks for that info. I hadn't seen this one before, although I've used other hose-end sprayers.
Do you use the same source for purchasing just the jars?

Don't ya just love it when a company stands by their product? It's become so rare that when it does happen it inspires a celebration!
I've felt that way recently too, although unrelated to gardening products. My kitten destroyed the wires on my new Altec Lansing speakers I got for my computer. I called them expecting to pay for replacements and they sent them free of charge! Maybe it was my genuine appreciation for their product that created the goodwill (very good quality sound for a low end product) or perhaps that's just standard practice for them. Same with Calphalon pots and pans. They'll replace something (and even send an improved and more expensive replacement) with no questions asked. Such a nice feeling and creates loyalty.

o

Yes, one doesn't mind paying for good quality! Some of the stuff you get nowadays are just poor facsimiles it seems. They look like the real thing, but don't do the job. And good guarantees are just the icing on the cake.

I purchased the Gilmour hose end sprayer at Lockhill Feed Store and they had the extra containers available there also. Regular bottle caps fit to cover the contents. I haven't checked lately to see if they still carry them, but they are very good about ordering anything in their realm of activity.

o

• Posted by qaguy Sunset 21/LosAngeles (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 20:30

Had a similar experience. Broken nozzle was 'fixed' by
sending me a whole new unit!

Don't buy extra bottles. I've discovered that a 2 liter
soda bottle will fit the sprayer. Just get a longer
pickup tube. Twelve inches is just right. Cost - $.17.
Yes, that's seventeen cents.

And you don't have to refill the 16 oz Gilmour bottle so often.
Two liters (64 oz)is a lot of whatever you'r spraying.

o

I have a Gilmour pump sprayer, and had the same results you did when I had a problem. They are a great company, stand by their product, which is hard to come by!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here