12 years ago

Will sevin dust kill the BIG yellow&black hoppers if not what can I use

Comments (11)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Nolo bait.

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

My kid puts them all in a fish tank. He's amazing at catching them too. I'm going to be sad when this phase is over.

• chena
    12 years ago

Ortho home defense Max.. I spray the grass and mulch around the beds and some of the plants that are not edible.. It has made a huge difference.. I live on 65 acres so there really isn't any way really handle the.. This is the best thing I have found and it is safe from the pets and all once it drys..
    IMHO Nolo bait is expensive and takes for ever to do any good we tried it once.. BUT it could be our location...Good Luck!!! They are bad this yr..

Kylie

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Encourage birds to hang out in your yard. They'll eat the grasshoppers. :)

• carrie751
    12 years ago

Not as many as there are this year, Mel.......my little birds are working overtime and I still have grasshoppers. Kylie, the first time I used Nolo bait was a number of years ago, and yes, it took a while for it to become effective, but then I did not have grasshoppers for several years as they are cannabalistic in nature and feed off the dead ones that have taken the bait and it continues to work for a long, long time. I did not use it last year and am seeing the results this year. I live on only seven acres, but that is a lot of room for grasshoppers.

• chena
    12 years ago

Our problem other than our own land is the other thousand acres around us.. Even if I could control mine. I can't control the rest of what is around me.. I used Telco Ultra SC (pricy) But Both work as a systemic soooo I have had the best luck for the price..I swear it has made a huge difference.. The Scorpions have been horrible this yr in the house and the Home Defense is the only thing I have found to kill those little suckers .. We gave the yard a shot and seems to have really helped..

Kyie

• allen_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Where can I get nolo bait in the houston aera????

• chena
    12 years ago

Allen anywhere who sells Organic products!!!

Kylie

• carrie751
    12 years ago

I ordered mine online, Allen, but cannot remember from whom.

• equinecpa
    12 years ago

I just logged in to ask what to do about these grasshoppers...this NOLO sounds interesting. I've posted a link to more information on it.

Would the likes of Home Depot have it? I desperately need some -I can't believe the pests this year -every where I turn it's bugs bugs bugs and not the good ones either!

I have found ticks on my dogs for the first time in years (despite monthly treatment for fleas/ticks), my house is full of house flies, the squash bugs devoured my squash, zuchinni and cucumber plants, and now the grasshoppers are eating every remaining green thing out there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Info on Nolo Bait

• chena
    12 years ago

Marshall Grain in FTW has it.. Not sure where you are located...

Kylie