Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Help

Posted by midnightbirdgirl Zone 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 18:53

Hi, I was wondering is anyone can help me ID this rose.I was given it while in hospital, about two years ago. The open blooms are about the size of my thumb.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thank you!!
Carrie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Help

That's a beautiful little rose! You may or may not be able to put a name to it. Many of the little minis sold in gift shops and grocery stores are bred for that market and don't have names like the ones introduced for sale in plant nurseries.

Assuming it is a gift shop mini here's some info from the Miniature Rose Forum on how you can search for the name of your rose:

"Most of the minis sold in grocery stores are hybridized by Poulsen Roser in Germany, distributed by Aldershot Greenhouses in Canada. They are usually part of Poulsen's "Parade" series. The roses are usually named "(something) Parade", such as "Cherry Parade".'

"Victory is another one of the groupings of Poulsen Roses. Go to www.PoulsenRoser.com for the Poulsen website. Click on English at the top center, then Products in the dark bar at the very top, then Roses. This will bring up a list of all the classes of Poulsen roses. When you click on any one of them you will get a list with photos of all their current roses in that class. Click on the rose name to get more data on each individual variety. I would try the Victory series, the PatioHit series, and maybe one or two of the others that include smaller roses. Good luck and have fun."

o

Roselee, thank you,I do love this little rose.I amazed how well it has done----I will have fun with that.

Thank you again,
Carrie

o

The little gift and grocery store mini roses do amazingly well in the garden. Sometimes there are three or more plants in a pot. Incidentally, "Mini" refers to the size of the flowers and the leaves. Occasionally they can get to be fairly large bushes in the garden. There's nothing wrong with that and most of them bloom constantly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here