Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flowers not blooming

Posted by cliff_shield Zone 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 19:57

I bought a pot of assorted flowers called Confetti Garden-Hawaiian Luau by Red Fox and put it in a large pot very early this spring. They bloomed beautifully for almost 2 months. Now that the weather has turned hot-almost 100 degrees the last several days, the flowers have compeletely stopped blooming and some of the plant is starting to turn brown. I uploaded a picture just to show what they looked like when I bought them. now there are very few, if any blooms. This started happening about 5 days ago. I don't want to lose these gorgeous flowers! In fact I bought another pot of them because my wife and I like them so much! I water them thoroughly every day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flowers not blooming

Cliff, the flowers may be assorted colors but they are all calibrachoa's .........a wonderful little plant that I have been growing for a number of years. They can never dry out at all, especially with the intense heat. Try keeping your new ones in filtered sun and perhaps checking to see if they may need water twice a day. I lost a hanging basket this year due to workers having a big fan blowing on it. At least, I am pretty sure I cannot revive it. Good luck with the new ones, they are very worth the extra effort.

o
RE: Flowers not blooming

I've used this plant many years before too. I have it underplanted in a potted rose, which shades it somewhat in this heat so still looking good. If you are watering every day now you might think about hitting it with 1/2 or 1/4 strength miracle grow every few days. If they got brown and crispy those might be goners, but those that are still green might have just run out of gas and need a boost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here