Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato leaf problem

Posted by tx_ag_95 7/8 Lewisville (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 21:39

Just noticed this and I don't know what the problem is. It's also causing similar problems with the tomatillo plants next to the tomato plants, but the pepper plants are OK.

Raised bed, tomatoes planted mid-March and babied through the cold snaps. They've been regularly watered and JUST recently started giving me tomatoes (tomatilloes are newer and are still thinking about it). Pretty close to full-sun, 3rd year for the garden, I try VERY hard to be organic, but I'm about to hit the Bermuda grass growing into the bed with Round-up.

What's wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato leaf problem

Another picture.

o

Last picture.

o

I have the same problems. and grasshoppers.........yuck

o

Those tiny holes are from flea beetle damage. The ones I see are usually bronze colored. They usually attack younger plants, but do prefer tomato and eggplant (at least in my yard).
Here's a link for organic control:

Here is a link that might be useful: Flea beetle control

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here