Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooming Barometer Bush

Posted by wantonamara 8bTx (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 23:08

I saw barometer bushes AKA Texas Sage blooming heavily in Wimberley Texas today. Maybe it is going to rain again. Joint prayer on the count of three....ONE: TWO.........

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooming Barometer Bush

THREE!!!!

Amen ...

o

FOUR~~~
Amen

o

Me TOO! They are probably just blooming AFTER that last rain. But you never know!

o

SIX!
Amen

o

I'm in the Metroplex and it's blooming in the medians right by the Hwy 183/121 split in the Mid-Cities. Maybe the hurricane in Mexico set them off?

o

Seven..?

o

ocho, nueve, diez?.....

o

I'm in San Angelo and my sage bushes are both blooming and the neighbor across the street has 3 in full bloom...didn't even know there were sage bushes in that yard! We moved here in March/April and the large sage bloomed once...had 3/4 inch of rain 2 days later, then the lil one bloomed and we had another 3/4 inch rain 2 days later. With both blooming I'm hoping and praying we get a 2 inch rain!! We are restricted on watering...down to 1 day/week.

o

Large rain cloud just spotted in Granbury! Oh please, oh please, oh please!!!!!

o

once, doce......

o

Nice slow, soaking rain .........ahhh.......doesn't that sound wonderful????

o

well, yesterday was just a tease, but there is supposed to be a 20% chance today and tomorrow.

I have had my rain catchment system in place for 8 weeks and I still don't even know how well it works! I am ready!!!!!

o

Well... still waiting here in Kyle....

Omar

o

GEEEEZ, sorry to get your hopes up.

o

They are blooming all over Lampasas as well. I wonder if it is due to the increased humidity the past week. Certainly haven't had enough rain to set them off and don't see any in our future, either. :(

o

Since this thread started I've noticed the ones in the medians around here in central Denton County are also in full bloom.

o

What a teaser, wantonamara. Not funny....

Omar

o

one million two, one million three...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here