Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greybird_gw

One of the many faces of heat

greybird
12 years ago

Sorry to be beating the dead horse, but I need to vent about this dang heat. My husband is sick of hearing me grind on about the heat, the heat, the heat.

The heat here is:

Very hot (110 and +),

Very windy (20-30+mph, and out of the S,SW),

Very continuous (day and night)

Very droughty (3.75" since about Oct.)

Very dusty (everything is dried up)

Getting humid-er (20%+ mid afternoon, go figure them heat indices)

Very early start, 100's in April

I don't think I can take it until the end of Sept...

Please share your heat experiences this year. So I won't feel so alone in this boat. You know what they say about misery...

Comments (4)

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

I thought this would get a laugh from you. I think this is how most of us feel.

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

LOL! Yeah it's hot. Dang hot. Texas hot. It's what I expected moving here. It sucks when there is no rain. Sure is pretty when there is tho!

• Dwibren
    12 years ago

The heat is indeed extraordinary this year. That this may be the result of climate change is sobering. If that is the case, we have to learn to live with scorching summers. If you are able, work in the garden in the morning before it gets too hot. If not, be sure to stay protected from the sun and hydrated. As far as the garden is concerned, keep watch on soil moisture and use a fairly deep mulch to keep the soil as damp as possible as long as possible. Finally, remember that this can't last forever. It will eventually rain. A cool front will eventually drift in.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the Charamon Garden

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

greybird, I just got back from Phoenix, AZ. Before going I was griping about the heat & that awful wind, but now it doesn't' seem all that bad. lol Except at night. I do wish it would cool down at night.