Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dzejna_gw

Termite woes

dzejna
10 years ago

I helped my neighbor this Spring when he had lots of carpenter ants and one or two spots where he found termites. I researched a lot and advised him to call for a professional pest control and get the free inspection they were offering. His house was not damaged but he did have several termite nests around the perimeter of his yard. He decided not to use the professional help and opted for anti-termite stakes from Home Depot. I was a little concerned because his yard is adjacent to mine so whatever he gets, I am bound to get as well, sooner or later. This early morning, we are both out in the garden already. :) He calls me to come around and check his new flowerbed (just built maybe 2 months ago). He was starting to interplant mums and each hole he dug was swarming with termite larvae! Now he is looking up to me to find out what to do. :) I am not really sure because I never heard termites going for flowerbeds itself. The soil was store bought garden soil and some cedar mulch. I am at a loss what to tell him why they showed up there and what to do next. I am also worried they will migrate to my yard if not already there, though my pest control company sprays yearly, but not for termites (separate charge :P). Anyone has a clue?

Comments (2)