Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wally_1936

Beautiful Rain

wally_1936
10 years ago

I went out and watered my lawn and flower beds as the rest of Houston has been getting rain for several days. So Starting Sunday we got a nice rain that helped our soil recover.

Since then we have gotten rain four days in a row that has again helped bring back life to our soil. Four wonderful days plus bringing the temps down 10 degrees.

I do hope the rest of Texas is enjoying this weather also. I could never ask for better rain than this. I am also glad that we are out of the 100+ temps at least for now.
Happy Gardening to all
Paul

Comments (5)

• beachplant
    10 years ago

It`s been raining on the island too! I watered on Monday-our day to water-and that night it started to rain. Sprinkling right now.
    The entire state is supposed to get rain over the next few days, I hope they are right for a change.
    Tally HO!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

It's rained off and on for the last several days here too, but not enough to measure in the rain gauge. I have enjoyed the cooler temperatures though and playing outside between showers.

• Vulture61
    10 years ago

Here in Kyle too!

Omar

• sdelafuente
    10 years ago

We finally had rain today down here in the Valley. It's expected to rain thru Saturday.

Sal

• lou_spicewood_tx
    10 years ago

What we need is a couple more big drenching tropical disturbance to put in a serious dent in the drought over the entire Texas. There might be another one that is currently south of Florida. They're not sure if they would track to the west into Texas though. We will find out in a couple days to get a clearer idea of where it's going.