Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A handful of Gulf Frits are here

Posted by cynthianovak 7/8 TX (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 26, 11 at 14:59

Finally, we have a few. Not nearly what I'm accustomed to. A few of the tiny butterflies too and a few giant tiger swallowtails.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A handful of Gulf Frits are here

Nothing here yet, in fact everything seems to be in limbo right now, even the ghekos seem to be hiding, but did see a few birds this morning, but it seems so much less than before :(.

o

A friend in Alabama said there was a virus two years ago that wiped out the cats. She ordered some and had some come back this year. I wondered why I didn't have ANY this year.

o

I have very few. They are not laying eggs on the passi.

o

I'm very glad to hear there are some somewhere!

I've seen a total of four butterflies this year, not counting the 3 black swallowtails that eclosed early in Feb.. They consisted of one Gulf Frit, one Tiger swallowtail, one black swallowtail, and yesterday one Sulfer.

I've seen no small ones, no clearwing (or other) hummingbird moths, and no Skippers. The fennel, pipe vines and passion vines I grow for the caterpillars have not been touched. I sure miss their happy presence.

o

I'm sorry to hear that roselee

I saw one frit yesterday. Didn't see any today. Occasionally see another. They are usually bumping into me by this time of year. Yes, I do have loads of passion flowers and vines for food and tithonia and cosmos and zinnias... #(

c

o

I've been seeing quite a few on the P. caerulea in the past few weeks. Not like last year, but at least I got blooms this year rather than just defoliated vines. My neighbor has maypops too, they seem to be enjoying those too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here