Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall plantings

Posted by mspell none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 15:18

I live north of Dallas. I have two 10' X 4' raised beds, one has tomato plants, half were planted in March, half planted a couple of weeks ago. The other bed has jalapeno's, bell peppers, banana peppers and cucumbers, all were planted in late march. I want to plant spinach, cabbage and broccoli this fall and would like to also have peppers and cucumbers producing as well. My peppers have not produced in several weeks and my cucumbers have slowed way down. So now to my questions... Will my peppers start producing again or should I plan on replacing them with new plants? Will my cucumbers pick back up or should I replant those as well?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall plantings

I would definitely re-plant cucumbers. I think the time to do it is the first part of August. Your peppers should start producing again if the plants are healthy, but if they are looking raggedy, I'd start fresh.

o
RE: Fall plantings

I was popping in here to see if it's a forum that would help my brother in law. My peppers basically sat for 6 weeks without a single bloom and then boom! I'm getting tons of blooms now. Wouldn't give up on them just yet. And I had no idea planting cukes this late would work. I'm in OKC so it may be diff here. We tend to get earlier freezes than DFW. Good luck!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here