Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ever seen a grown man cry

Posted by danbastrop texas (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 15:29

I am into a four year garden. It has matured quite a bit. Everthing is looking great even in this Central Texas area. I water most days by hand and sprinklers. The bambusa multiplex 'Alfonse Kerr' is all around the two acres. I have a two acre room started. I am retired and worked very intensively on this garden. I have had about 9 gardens in my life. Anyway a man comes over to the fence one day and says to me "my name is such and such and I just bought these acres next to you. I plan to build a moto cross." I didn't know what to say. My friend and I have moved to a new place that has restrictions. We are both seniors and like quite. Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ever seen a grown man cry

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 16:08

A Moat? I'm confused

Kylie

o

Dan, so sorry that happened. I take it from your last two sentences that you've already moved. Do you have a new garden started? I hope so.

Kylie, moto cross is an off road motor cycle racing track. I probably wouldn't have known either except I have family that rides motor cycles.

o

How sad! I know I almost cried when a thoughtless renter moved in next door and let her dog bark at me non-stop every minute I was out in the garden. I bought earplugs and a bark stop machine to no avail. I finally gave up gardening. Thankfully she moved after a year and most of the garden survived the temporary abandonment.

o

So sorry, Dan, as I, too, like peace and quiet (most gardeners do). As Roselee said, it looks as if you have already moved........were you able to take any of your plants with you?? I hope so and good luck to you in your efforts to get another garden going.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 3, 11 at 11:45

I got ya.. I read it wrong I thought it said moat!! DUH??
I'd cry too!!!!

Kylie

o

A moat across ... lol! Your mind was reading it phonetically. It's cute how we do that ... :-)

If only it had been a moat. Now that would be nice to have as a background to your garden.

o

That's awful. You'd think zoning wouldn't allow it. But look at the bright side, you can start with a clean slate at your new place and repeat everything that worked and fix everything that didn't.

o

How hideous! The suburbs do have an upside. It's very unlikely I'll end up by a motor cross track.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here