Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New here. Thank You!

Posted by auntiem79 76823 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 15:52

I recently moved here from Zone 5. I came from the Kansas City MO area and things are a little different down here. I'm in Bangs TX. Figuring out the sandy soil and what will grow, is a bit of a challenge.
I was already given help on my mystery vine that turned out to be Balsam gourd. I appreciate the help. Thank you so much for being wonderful. :)
Em

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New here. Thank You!

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 20:21

Welcome, Em!

Omar

o

Welcome to Texas! I hope you love if here! There's a whole bunch of beautiful places that dot the area around your parts.

o

Welcome to Texas and this garden forum, Em!
Molly

o

Welcome, Auntie, I'm new to the forum also. :) I live in Lufkin, which after looking on a map is east of you with Waco almost in the middle.
I gardened once in sandy soil and I had to add a lot of compost and keep everything mulched. That's all I remember,lol.
LaDena

o

A warm welcome to you both! Everyone here is very helpful and we try to have a little fun as well ... :-)

o

Welcome to Texas. Kansas City to a small town in the middle of Texas. The soil is not the only thing that changed.

o

Thank you so much! Nice to meet all of you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here