Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Irrigation box extension for soon to be cactus garden?

Posted by NstyN8 Tx (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 16:01

Hello,

I've decided to turn a portion of my front yard into a rock/cactus garden. The dimensions will be roughly 28'x25'x 5' x 15'. I plan to raise the area with cactus soil and make some rock terracing.

The issue...
I have an irrigation control access box that is slightly recessed into the soil a few inches. Where can I buy an extension, so I won' bury the box?

Nate
San Antonio

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Irrigation box extension for soon to be cactus garden?

Can you just raise it? I actually would consider moving it, do you want to be reaching into cactus or digging up the bed if you have to do repairs? It's fairly easy to move them and since you are going to have that area dug up do it now.
Tally HO!

o

This is the front/side of the garden and I intend to hide some of it with a sotol and perhaps some small boulders. I won't have to climb through cactus. I can't move the box.

o

ah, just buy a bigger box, they make them in different sizes but they can be hard to find. You can make your own "extension" by using another box. Cut it down as needed.
Good luck, show us pics when you get cactus in.
Tally HO!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here