Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krepanie_gw

Need help with planting for end of September for a wedding

krepanie
11 years ago

I posted this in another board as well, but am not sure which is the better place.

My husband and I were approached by a family at church to have their daughter's wedding in the field just north of our house. The backdrop would be the drop off and ravine that runs along our property with chairs in the field. The field is a decent size for a wedding ceremony, but everything looks dead and dried out.

We live on the western edge of Tarrant County in North Texas. Our property is very much in its natural state, if you know what I mean. The field looks like dead weeds on dried out ground due to lack of rain. In the Spring it is covered with bluebonnets and various other wildflowers. It is beautiful! However, it is not that attractive the rest of the year.

I am trying to come up with ideas of what we could possibly plant to make it more attractive before the wedding at the end of September. We have no interest in having an actual lawn that is high maintenance with a need for lots of water, just something that tends to grow well on its own in our area.

Any ideas are welcome. And I also know there is probably a chance there is nothing we can do that is low maintenance.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)