Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black diamond crape myrtle

Posted by winterfell none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 18:05

I think crape myrtles are over planted here, but when I saw the 'black diamond" series i thought it was super cool and bought a little 3 gallon plant.

I know these are an older series of plants "the delta jazz series", just renamed. I don't care about the name

My question is does anyone know what the bark of mature plants looks like. I can't find an image online. I've found Some crape myrtles have really interesting bark, others not as much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black diamond crape myrtle

• Posted by mkull 8 SATX (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 19:20

I almost picked up 6 of the red hot black diamonds a couple of weeks ago. My parents planted several of the blush BD last year but they aren't mature enough to reveal an old man bark. There seems to be a big push for them as every store in town has or had them this year. Guess we'll know soon enough :)

o
RE: Black diamond crape myrtle

Same here. I bought Black Diamond Blush last year. It's growing well, but it's too soon to tell what kind of bark it will have. Wonder if they would know on the tree forum? Maybe give it a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here