Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poor Cantaloupes

Posted by kciney Dallas (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 18:33

I am relatively new to gardening, and I decided a SFG would be easier for me to maintain. I decided to planted cantaloupe that I received as a transplant from a friend. I have several grapefruit sized cantaloupes that are growing beautifully along with several small ones. However, I went out to the garden this evening and noticed a couple of wilted small cantaloupes. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? I have not noticed any insects, and the vines still look extremely healthy except for a couple of wilted fruit. The only thing I have added to the garden is Diatomaceous Earth for sow bugs that are devouring my strawberries and Neem Oil to the leaves of my okra (located on the opposite end of my 8x4 SFG).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poor Cantaloupes

Here is another image. Sorry they are so large.

o

not enough water? That's the only thing I can think of.

o

The second photo looks like the fruit wasn't pollinated. This happens alot to squash and cukes as well. They don't get pollinated, so don't develop and fall off. But it looks like you have plenty of other fruit on the plant.

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here