Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danny112596

Where to buy berries in the San Antonio/Austin area?

Daniel Sanchez
12 years ago

Hello,

I am going to be taking a 3 day vacation to the San Antonio/Austin area starting tomorrow and am looking for berries (black, blue, rasp, etc) to buy. I know it may not be the right season but am wondering if any nurseries or Lowes stores still have some for sale. Last time I went to a Lowes in San Antonio in March, I found many low chill varieties that will grow here in deep south Texas. They had a less chill hour requirement than the ones sold here. So are any nurseries (or Lowes) still selling berries?

Thanks in advance,

Danny

Comments (4)

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

The Lowe's store near me seems to have berry plants most of the time. They haven't put them on clearance yet so should still have some. I was there yesterday and didn't look at them specifically, but think I remember seeing them as I walked through.

This was at The Rim on 1604/I-10. The 1604/Blanco store might also still have them.

It's been so hot and dry that I haven't been to any of our great local nurseries lately, but if you get a chance you can try Rainbow Gardens or Milberger's.

• Daniel Sanchez
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay thank you for posting. I'll be able to check out the Lowes for sure and will try to go to Rainbow Gardens.

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

I meant to recommend Fanick's for berries and fruit.

Milberger's is nice, but Fanick's specializes in fruit and berry plants with low chill levels.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fanick's

• Daniel Sanchez
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I went to Fanick's today and bought Brazos, Kiowa, and Black Satin Blackberries (the only ones they had). There were so many nice plants at the nursery. I'll need to go back whenever I come back to San Antonio. Once again thanks for letting me know.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH