Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tropical storm headed our way!

Posted by bedford8a 8a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 19:45

Take a look at weather.com and see a tropical storm that developed near the Yucatan. The projected path puts it right through Central Texas, making landfall on Saturday. Hope it doesn't turn into a hurricane, just a rain maker.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tropical storm headed our way!

Best to wait till 8pm when they put out latest information on where they'd hit. They just finished flying into the system and now computing data into the system. By tonight or tomorrow, we should have much clearer picture of where it'd likely make a landfall. Dallas-Ft Worth may not get much rainfall if it goes straight west-northwest path into New Mexico.

o

Don't stop praying now!!!! I am ready to make a fool of myself dancing like a whirling maniac. I offer myself to lovely DAN... Take me!!
yours truly wantanamara.

o

Down here on the Texas Coastal Bend we are already under a Tropical Storm Warning. Hope we get lots of rain with no wind and/or surge! Check out some of the following websites for more information on Dan:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Rockport&state=TX&site=CRP&lat=28.0407&lon=-97.0515

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/at201104.public.html

http://www.my-cast.com/std/alert.jsp

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/crp/

o

It looks like the storm will miss the Rio Grande Valley, where I do most of my gardening. That's okay with me, because the rest of the state needs the rain much more. Tropical Storm Arlene dumped around 6 inches of rain about a month ago. It was enough to cause some of my plants that I thought were dead to leaf out.

Ty

o

Wow, they're saying we MAY get some of this in the Dallas area, am doing the rain dance now!!

o

Sigh, from a north Texas standpoint. At least the people who will get rain from Don/Dan need it very, very much.

There's another low out in the Atlantic, 30% chance of becoming tropical storm in the next few days... maybe!

o

Looks like it's just going across the southern part of Texas. But hoping for a remnant to make its way north as far as southern Hill Country.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tropical Storm Don

o

Uh oh, looks like Don took a look at the high pressure dome and croaked.

112s and 113s forecasted here next week. We just THOUGHT it could not get worse. And with water restrictions, things are not looking bright here in north Texas.

I'm looking into one of those light-colored, flowing robes, the latest in desert-wear...

o

We've only had a few raindrops from Don and it looks like that's all we'll get.

Looking for the next one now, we just want the rain without the wind and damage of course.

o

Cool looking clouds here with a bright blue sky behind them. This summer has been hot but the sky has been blue rather than that dirty burned orangey color that it usually is in the summer from pollution.

Thank goodness for air conditioning!

o

It rained all around us! I could see the clouds, see the lightening, hear the thunder and smell the rain, . . .BUT NOT A DROP! Crying!

o

Not a drop at the coast? That's really disappointing. We just got a real surprise downpour here in north San Antonio and now the sun is out so I really do think it's over. We'll be happy with our bit of rain because next week is predicted to be hot.

o

Officially Don didn't even have a landfall, because it was no longer a tropical storm. *poof!* But we did have a light drizzle here in Medina Co. that then turned into rain for about 10 minutes. About 3.5/10 of an inch!

o

According to The Weather Channel, our property in Bayview received an estimated 0.12" of rain in the past 24 hours. That will help out my plants a little, as erratic rainfall is a characteristic of the Rio Grande Valley.

Ty

o
RE2: Tropical storm headed our way!

My mistake, I meant to say 1.24" of rain in the past 24 hours.

Ty

o

• Posted by ocgf Z8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 21:56

Zero, nada, rien de rien here in Kyle.

Omar

o

Tropical Storm Bupkis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here