Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sweet almond verbena and wasps ......

Posted by okokok 8btx (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 22:01

i was floating in the pool yesterday morning, looked up and the sweet almond verbena at the west end of the pool was working alive with flying critters, i got closer and a lot of them looked a bit like wasps but the wasps weren't alone there were all kinds of flying critters all over the thing
(it's in heavy bloom right now) it looked like the whole bush was moving) the top part-it's about 15 ft in all was in the sun and that was the "busy" part
it almost creeped me out
so a word of warning-plant your sweet almond verbena away from places a lot of people will be occupying

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sweet almond verbena and wasps ......

Wasps and bees all sated and happy on a flower won't bother me. Mine act like they are drunk or something.

o
RE: sweet almond verbena and wasps ......

Ah! Maybe that's what's wrong with the Paper Wasps lately...they drown themselves in the water bowl.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here