Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Long list of plants for sale 7-21 @ S. A. Botanical Gardens

Five for $20 ... gallon size! What a deal.

Comments (6)

• beachplant
    11 years ago

EVIL woman!
    Tally HO!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I know ... what a list -- it's enough to drive you crazy. You need to come up for this.

• rock_oak_deer
    11 years ago

This looks like quite a list, I usually don't go but you might just talk me into it this time.

Like I need more plants!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm going to this one. See you there :-)

• tx_ag_95
    11 years ago

EVIL woman! I'm going to have to convince my aunt to go pick up a couple plants for me. Good thing she loves me!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The 'evil woman' went to the plant sale and came away with 13 'lucky' plants (as if she needed more plants!). Several were new to me and of course, not wanting to miss something good, I had to buy them.

The sale was held in the court yard as you entered the gardens. We weren't allowed into the green houses as before and only 3 or 4 plants of each kind were in view. When those were picked up by shoppers the hard working volunteers were kept busy bringing out more. If you didn't find what you were looking for, and even remembered what you came to get, you had to find a volunteer and wait for them to go see if they could find it. I finally got most of what I came for, but had to take what was handed to me. You know how we like to pick out our plants; how many branches, how big and bushy and all that. But the selections were well described with plant signs and prices were great; plus the plants well grown and healthy for $4.00. I'm very glad I went, but for future plant sales I hope they return to the old way of setting it up.

After a volunteer wheeled my selections to the car I roamed around the gardens. The temperature was very tolerable and there was a nice breeze which is the usual in the garden on even very hot days. I took a few pictures which I'll put on the Gallery along with some questions about the new-to-me plants I came home with.