Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cynthianovak

A cold front is coming

cynthianovak
10 years ago

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. I'm giddy and keep looking at the forecast to see when it's coming and if it's real! The real gift will be rain and while it's not certain the last look I spotted 80% chance on Monday for my area. :+)c

Comments (17)

• Lynn Marie
    10 years ago

I was reading a book about a comet ending the world and stopped to look at the forecast. I'm pretty sure the comet is the more likely than a high temp of 77ð on July 14th!

• chelsea_2016
    10 years ago

It is raining, yay!!!!!

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Don't know where you are, Chelsea, but no rain here in Copper Canyon. Looking at the radar, we are in the "split" again. Maybe I will get rain before it is all said and done though.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

I woke up at 9 to pouring rain and 72 degrees! I never believed that we would get rain and temperatures this cool!

Carrie, I sure hope that it makes it to your garden too.

• linda_tx8
    10 years ago

Nothing here. Our best chance will be tomorrow with 50% chance rain. Hope we get something! It's been dry as a bone here. Summer + % chance rain +lower temps, always welcome here...crossing all my fingers and toes!

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Pam, soon after I posted, it began a nice, slow, gentle rain and continued for some time. Now it is just a heavy mist, but this should prime the soil for the heavier rains I am hoping for to fill my pond again. No matter what, this is so refreshing to have any rain in July, and I am grateful.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Nothing yet in Austin, but sure hope we get some!

• carrie751
    10 years ago

It seems to be moving south, so keep the faith !!!!

• lou_spicewood_tx
    10 years ago

Looks like it will help a lot to slow down the draining of the lakes in central Texas. Moving very slow so that will be a great news for that part of Texas as long as they don't cause much damages. Anyone remember that crazy storm that dumped 19 inches in 24 hours nearby Marble Falls a few years ago? That sure helped replenished Lake Travis!

• plantmaven
    10 years ago

no rain yet here in SA, but it is cloudy and cool "ish" It is about 88.

• Vulture61
    10 years ago

It rained today in Kyle and Buda.

Omar

• cynthianovak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's been a very light rain all day here in Arlington, Rain gauge doesn't show much. I did enjoy weeding for 30 mins and walking the dog for 20. He and I were blissfully damp and cool. Supposed to be some real rain tonight.

I remember about 4? years ago when 6 Flags flooded from a heavy rain in late July. I lost a number of roses, and it was sad for 6 flags, but the summer sure was easier to take with that break. Wishing y'all further south some of this bliss....c\

• sdelafuente
    10 years ago

No rain here. Tomorrow we have a 60% chance... I hope we do get some rain.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Our high Monday was 73. It was mostly right at 70. And we have been in a fog for two days. It is very strange to have a summer fog.71 this morning. I think coffee and a fog walk is in order. 1.25". Not shabby. but not the 4-5" north of Austin and in Burnet County.

This post was edited by wantonamara on Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 10:17

• wally_1936
    10 years ago

We have been getting wind and thunder so I went out and watered my plants to be sure. We got a nice short rain that evening then a short quick downpour Monday. I do not know why but we seem to be blessed with Sunday rains this year. I am grateful for every drop of rain in this area. Our days are in the 90's and the evenings upper 70's Looking forward to our fall weather. About the only thing blooming now are my hibiscus.

• Vulture61
    10 years ago

Hmmm..., Wally, good topic for another post "What's blooming in the middle of summer in Texas?

Omar

• ilovemyroses
    10 years ago

We've had just over 3 inches in dallas in the past few days!!! Nutty!!! But thankful to not have to endure another summer like the past two!!!!!