Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clairtx

Help! Something is eating my new veggies

clairtx
13 years ago

When I was watering my veggies this evening I noticed all the new green bean leaves have little tiny holes in them. I suspect they are aphids, but don't really know. Maybe someone else has the answer?

Also, something is eating the tops of the new plants.

Comments (3)

• sandy_dene
    13 years ago

Have you noticed any snails? I started getting them a couple years ago and didn't think anything about it, BUT since then I see on line they are what is eating all my plants and flowers and the stuff I buy to kill them isn't putting a dent in them. If anyone knows how to get rid of these horrible pests (besides getting the enemy of them which is another type of snail which will eventually also eat plants) please let me know. At this point I am picking them off the plants and stepping on them to kill them, but there are so many it is impossible to get them all.

• clairtx
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I haven't seen any snails, but I did see some orange beetles the other day on my watermelon plants so I zapped them with Ortho Max. I did get some neem oil at the seed store for the veggies when they start bearing. I am very surprised how well everything is doing considering we have had 100+ degrees weather for the past week. Water, water, water every day.

• shebear
    13 years ago

I bet it's flea beetles.