Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It rained in San Antonio!

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 0:34

I think most of San Antonio got a pretty good rain last evening. It started a little after 8:00 PM as I was leaving a meeting about a mile from my house. By the time I got home the rain was pouring off the roof so heavily I drove into the garage REAL slow; so slow that Bob came out to see if something was the matter. No, I was getting a free car wash ... LOL

My new rain gauge shows an inch and a half -- just perfect!
How about you?

This post was edited by roselee on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 0:37

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It rained in San Antonio!

Too funny about your car wash! Everything is smiling here this morning. We got some drizzle just before 5 that lasted two minutes. I was bummed but sure enough it poured after 8.

o

We got a really good drenching. The Rain God is happy!

photo rain3006_zps5e6ac8e4.jpg

And so are all the plants:

photo rain3013_zps4e466c0a.jpg

photo rain3001_zps114ce751.jpg

photo rain3015_zpsa8ce5bbc.jpg

photo rain3010_zpsd8bfb847.jpg

photo rain3011_zpsfdb098e3.jpg

How nice that Mother Nature gave you a free car wash!

o

Lucky you. I saw those clouds to the south. WE got a tease day before yesterday when that "front" moved through . We got a 1/4" and a mile away got 2". GRRRRRR. The clouds closed rank just as they moved past us. Great lightening show, but I was up watering. NICE AND COOL this morning though. Absolutely delicious. It makes my coffee walk through the garden very pleasant. It was an amazing unusual 65 here.

o

• Posted by mkull 8 SATX (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 11:15

Texas Star is being Texan-y

o

We got about the same amount.

o

Spit here...not enough to measure or be worth it happening, it burned off in the sun.

o

So sorry some of you didn't get any rain. The Wundermap
showed one system just about the size of San Antonio and one little dot northeast. It rained out and then was gone.

Loved seeing all y'all's flowers! :-)

o

We got a lot of sound and furry signifying nothing. Sudden wind gusts, dark skies, not a drop of water. And a genius in Bastrop decided to burn some felled lost pines today. Surprise! Sparked a brush fire next to 71.

o

Dang, you guys suck. :^P Nothing here in SW Austin. :^(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here