Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

Spinach tree and curry leaf plant soup

I threw some soup together from the garden. Many of the plants I used tonight came from People from the San Antonio plant swap and I want to thank all of you, Rebecca, Chilimama(?). MySoutheast asian "spinach" tree (Rebecca) is now large enough to eat from and it is growing like crazy and giving me delicious spinach like greens in the triple digits. I used a bunch of Curry leaf plant ( Murraya koenigii from Chilimama))for spice. Black fungus ( wood ear), rice noodles red peppers, Yard long beans, cream peas used as string beans, Garlic , ginger, fish sauce and Sirachou hot sauce in a chicken broth with left over chicken and broad rice noodles all went into a thick soup.. I almost forgot, I have a bunch of Turmeric from Chilimama too that is growing really well. I grated some fresh turmeric into the soup. My husband went back for seconds.

The soup made me remember a very good day full of warm lovely people. The gift that keeps giving as long as I keep the water flowing through the hose. Thank you all of you.